The academic year begins in April and ends in March comprising of two terms. We follow the CCE pattern (Continuous Comprehensive Assessment), which gets broadly classified as SA (Summative Assessment) and FA (Formative Assessment). Our assessments are designed to check for application of concepts learnt and does not encourage rote learning.
|GRADE/CLASS||MODE OF ASSESSMENT|
|Grade I and II||1. Formal examinations.
2. Teachers will evaluate the students through comprehensive worksheets.
3. There will be many evaluations in a year through class tests .
4. Parents will be giving regular feedback during open days.
|Grade III and V||1. Formal examinations.
2. Weekly tests will be conducted as per the schedule given in the diary.
3. Four evaluations will be conducted every year. 2nd evaluation (Sep/Oct) will be based on the entire syllabus of 1st term and 4th evaluation will be based on the entire syllabus covered in the 2nd term.
4. Time table and syllabus will be provided accordingly well in advance.
5. Evaluations will be done through comprehensive worksheets based on subject-wise criteria
SCHOLASTIC ASSESSMENTS (Grade VI to VIII onwards)
The assessment structure for Grade VI to VIII is as follows:
|Term I (100 marks) 1st half of the session||1. Periodic Test (10 marks) with syllabus covered till July end.
2. Notes submission (5 marks) in 1st terms.
3. *Subject Enrichment activities (5 marks) in 1st term.
4. Half yearly exams (80 marks) based on the syllabus covered in 1st term.
|Term II (100 marks) 2nd half of the session||1. Periodic Test (10 marks) with syllabus covered between Nov and Dec.
2. Notes submission (5 marks) in 2nd tems.
3. *Subject Enrichment activities (5 marks) in 2nd term.
4. Half yearly exams (80 marks) based on the syllabus covered as per following details:-
Class VI – 10% of the 1st term syllabus of significant topics + entire syllabus of 2nd term.
Class VII – 20% of the 1st term syllabus of significant topics + entire syllabus of 2nd term.
Class VIII – 30% of the 1st term syllabus of significant topics + entire syllabus of 2nd term.
* These are subject specific activities aimed at enhancing the understanding and skills of the students.
CO-SCHOLlASTIC ASSESSMENT (3 point Grading Scale)
Student will be assessed for regularity, sincere participation, output and teamwork in the following areas:-
a. Work Educations refers to skill based activities.
b. Art Education (Visual and Performing).
c. Health and physical Education (Sports/ Martial Arts/ Yoga etc.)
DISCIPLINE (3 point grading scale)
Students will be assessed for attendance, sincerity, values and behavior.